- A strong password is an important protection to help you have safer online transactions. Here are steps you can take to create a strong password. Some or all might help protect your online transactions:
- Length. Make your passwords long with eight or more characters.
- Complexity. Include letters, punctuation, symbols, and numbers. Use the entire keyboard, not just the letters and characters you use or see most often. The greater the variety of characters in your password, the better. However, password hacking software automatically checks for common letter-to-symbol conversions, such as changing “and” to “&” or “to” to “2.”
- Variation. To keep strong passwords effective, change them often. Set an automatic reminder for yourself to change your passwords on your email, banking, and credit card websites about every three months.
- Variety. Don’t use the same password for everything. Cybercriminals steal passwords on websites that have very little security, and then they use that same password and user name in more secure environments, such as banking websites.
Below is Microsoft’s recommendation on password security for online accounts. We take these recommendations very seriously. Please be aware: if you change the password provided by Manna to something easier to remember, you do so at your own risk. Please submit a support request ticket if you’d like Manna to change your password for any of your accounts. We will do so at any time for no charge. Full Article: http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/passwords-create.aspx